For 2019-20 Maverick Sport 1000R DPS, XXC, XRC models* -Oversized tires, 29-32”. 0-4000’ elevation (some settings included to help in mid elevations). Not for Max model.
*also used for Sport 1000R XMR for 32-34” tires only (Not for smaller than specified -XMR version)
The Maverick Sport 1000R DPS model has clutching that is fine for stock 27” and up to and including 28” tires.
This kit is for the applications with larger tires on the specified models. The kit was developed to help with power losses and belt performance when using oversized tires in the range described here.
Larger or heavier tires hurt performance everywhere. Rotating weight and added gearing from larger tires hurt acceleration and speed. This kit helps correct the rate of shift of the belt for the intended use. Improves bottom end performance without further loss of top speed. Throttle response is improved and better back shifting of the belt when the vehicle senses load form soft terrain or hills. Kit maintains smooth engagement rpm.
- For Maverick Sport 1000R Max 4 seat model see kit part number DBMS-R4.
- XMR version has lower gearing from the factory, and the stock clutching is best for the stock 30” tires. For XMR this kit is only for the applications described.
- Calibrations and settings listed in the kit are for the stock HP of the vehicle
- Requires some special factory BRP tools* and dealer installation.
- The stock factory BRP belt is the best for this application.
*Example of special tool: BRP "Governor Cup Puller"